The cold rain represented all of our moods this morning. After a tough week that started with a tick bite resulting in flu- like symptoms and an antibiotic for me and then moved to my son’s abscessed tooth being extracted, with the baby cutting four teeth at once, we all felt tired and a bit out of sorts. But, we choose to find humor in all the “funny” things that happened today before 9 a.m. It’s either laugh or cry, so today, we all chose laughter. Here are all the things my son and I observed my almost 11-month-old, red-headed daughter doing before 9 a.m. In honor of David Letterman’s last show, here are the top 10 things that happened here today, all before 9 a.m.
10. She emptied out the shoe bin and chewed on my Toms.
9. She threw her entire blueberry muffin at her brother while he laughed. Muffin is now the new accessory in my sisal carpet. Adds more texture. Then she climbed out of her high hair and sat on her tray. Again. When will I learn?!
8. She growled at me, tossing and turning, while I tried to change her diaper. I’m so happy we are teaching her animal sounds.
7. I got poop all over my hands from said diaper change. At least I knew what it was. I have had unknown brown substances on my hands before that turned out to be poop upon closer inspection(after I smelled my hand!). Don’t ask.
6. She stood on top of her fire truck. And tried to surf on it.
5. She fell down two stairs and then perched on my sofa table to relax.
4. She hung from the railing of said stairs, doing ballet type moves with her one foot.
3. She emptied the trash and ate a tissue from the downstairs bathroom.
2. She spilled an entire cup of coffee and an entire glass of lemonade, all over her brother and my sofa.
1. And lastly, my daughter pulled apart a rose and eucalyptus arrangement and ate an eucalyptus leaf. We had to call poison control. (She is fine).